! Spanish News Today – Jet Stream Threatens More Storms: Spain Weather Forecast April 22-24
The volatile April weather will continue across Spain this weekend
Experts say a powerful high in Scandinavia is splitting a Greenland polar jet in half, with one such current heading towards Spain just in time for the weekend.
At the moment, the director of meteorology of Meteored, José Antonio Maldonado, predicts that the new storm will enter the northwest of the peninsula from the Atlantic. The precipitation will move towards the interior of the country and the Cantabrian regions to eventually spread throughout Spain over the next few days.
Weather alerts for Friday:
- Andalusia, Asturias, Castile and León, Castile-La Mancha and Extremadura on yellow alert for rain
- Andalusia on yellow alert for the wind
- Andalusia, Galicia and the Region of Murcia on yellow alert for the state of the sea
Few changes are expected on Saturday April 23although the rain will ease throughout the day in most areas except the far north.
Weather alerts for Saturday:
- Aragon, Asturias, Cantabria, Castile and Leon, Catalonia, on yellow alert for rain
- Andalusia, Balearic Islands, Murcia, Valencian Community in yellow alert to the wind
- Andalusia, Asturias, Balearic Islands, Cantabria, Catalonia, Murcia, Basque Country and Valencia on yellow alert for sea conditions
- Aragon, Castile and Leon, Catalonia and the Basque Country on yellow alert for low temperatures
On sunday april 24 the Atlantic storm will move away from Spain, although there will still be some residual rain in the Pyrenees. Elsewhere, clouds will prevail with clear skies in the east, with temperatures starting to rise in the western half of the country.
Sunday weather alerts:
- Asturias, the Balearic Islands, Cantabria and the Basque Country on yellow alert for the state of the sea.